How to reduce the belly fat?
1. Exercise at least three times a week. By exercising at least three times a week, you will be able to get rid of the fat that's on your belly fast. The exercises you can do include walking, swimming, riding a bike, or jogging around your neighbourhood.
2. Drink eight cups of water a day. This is another tip on how to lose belly fat fast. Drinking water will help you get rid of the toxins that are in your body and will help increase your metabolism.
3. Drink one cup of green tea a day. Green tea is great for helping burn belly fat. So, be sure to drink at least one cup a day
Here is the link for perfect diet to have a natural outlook: http://wwwnaturalskincarecom.blogspot.in/2008/01/diet-for-natural-beauty.html
How to control hair fall?
1. To treat hair losses apply a little lemon juice with some black tea. Massage well and shampoo.
2. Beat two eggs, and add two tablespoons of water to it. Rinse hair and pour the egg mixture over the hair. Massage the scalp well and leave for 10 minutes. Then wash it.
3. Massage with olive oil before going to bed at night and next morning, wash off the hair gently.
4. Since iron-deficiency anaemia can also cause hair loss, make sure that you eat a well-balanced diet that includes a daily serving or two of iron-rich foods. Some good sources of iron include lean red meat, dried fruits, soybeans, tofu and broccoli.
5. One of the best home remedies for treating hair loss is to massage your scalp with fingers gently. It will also aid in increasing blood circulation and lend glow to your hair.
6. Rub oil into the scalp. Wring out a towel in hot water and wrap it on the head. Keep it on for 15 minutes. Shampoo and dry wel.
Why We Should Exercise?
These are surprising statistics considering the well-known and significant health benefits of exercise. The risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, and many other health problems is lessened with regular physical activity. Some conditions, such as hypertension and type 2 diabetes, have a direct link to a sedentary lifestyle.
Regular exercise also brings more immediate benefits to nearly every aspect of your life. It improves resistance to infections, joint flexibility, emotional well-being, energy and stress levels, and digestion. With continued, regular exercise, you will find that you will move easier, feel stronger, have better posture, and experience less chronic pain
What are the causes of irregular period?
An irregular period is any type of bleeding that is abnormal when compared to your usual menstrual cycle. This can include a late period, an early period or bleeding between periods. It can also appear as particularly heavy bleeding (menorrhagia) or scanty bleeding. Many women also experience irregular periods in the form of a missed period, continuous periods, or periods that occur twice in one cycle.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- irregular or absent periods
- excess hair on the face and/or body
- male-pattern hair thinning
- lipid abnormalities
- Pregnancy: If you are pregnant, your body will begin producing different levels of hormones. This will cause numerous pregnancy symptoms, including an end to your period.
- Stress: Stress is a common cause of irregular periods. If you are fatigued, worried, or anxious this can cause your hormones to become unbalanced.
- Diet: A poor diet or extreme weight loss or gain can also affect your hormones. Women with anorexia or bulimia often have no period or irregular periods.
- Exercise: Intense exercise can wreak havoc on your body, often causing irregular periods.
- Menarche: the cycles after a girl's first period may be irregular for some time. It can take up to 3 years to get regular periods.
- Menopause: Menopause causes changes in your hormone levels, and is often signaled by irregular periods.
- Hormonal Birth Control: Birth control pills and irregular periods sometimes go hand in hand. It can take a while for your body to adjust to the new levels of hormones delivered by hormonal birth control.
Remedy for irregular periods
Home Remedies: Some of the home remedies for irregular menstrual cycle are as under:
1. Carrot juice taken regularly will help treating a condition of irregular menses.
2. Include pumpkin seeds, drumsticks, papaya, bitter gourd and snake gourd in your diet.
3. Fennel seeds are also beneficial in this condition.
4. Grape juice can help in bringing the regularity back.
5. Dill is effective in stimulating the menstruation.
6. Asafoetida is widely used for regularizing periods. It is an effective home remedy.
7. Take the ginger with honey every day.
8. Try to avoid drinking caffeinated beverages and alcohol.
9. You must avoid eating spicy and fried food. Also avoid chocolates and pineapples to overcome this problem.
10. Gynecure capsule is a useful herbal remedy for treating irregular menstruation.
Follow these above home remedies to prevent the condition of irregular periods. Take adequate rest and maintain a stress free life to improve your menstrual cycles. Maintaining healthy choices in diet is also very important to cure irregular menstrual periods.
How to Get Relief from Arthritis Joint Pain Naturally?
- Doing exercise is one of the effective natural ways to get relief from arthritis joint pain fast and naturally. Regular doing of exercises helps in dilating blood vessels and promoting blood circulation throughout the body.
- It is found to be extremely beneficial in enhancing the metabolic functions of body. Strengthening tissues around joints, preventing inflammation, alleviating pain and slowing down deterioration of muscles are other highlighting benefits of doing exercises.
- Patients suffering from arthritis problems are often recommended to practice exercises like aerobic exercise and yoga exercise for reducing stiffness of muscles. It improves body’s metabolism and promotes better functioning of organs. Avoiding spicy and dairy products in diet is another natural way to get relief from arthritis joint pain fast and naturally.
- People with joint pain are advised to avoid food sources like beef, pork, cow’s milk, coffee and chocolate in their diet. Intake of nutritive diet enriched with fiber and nutrient food items prevents the risks of arthritis.
- Pineapple, cherries, blueberries, brown rice and onions are some among the recommended food items for patients suffering from arthritis.
- Herbal body massaging with relaxant oil is a best natural way to get relief from arthritis joint pain fast and naturally. Olive oil, sandal wood oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil and castor oil are some common massaging oils used for curing arthritis pain.
- It relaxes body muscles and helps in promoting blood circulation through dilated blood vessels. Enhancing oxygenation of cells, promoting energy production in cells, improving growth of cells and enhancing the mobility of ligaments are other key benefits of body massaging.
- Intake of lemon and honey mixture with warm water is another natural way to get relief from arthritis joint pain fast and naturally.
- High anti inflammatory properties enriched in this mixture prevents inflammations and relieves joint pains. It is a perfect home remedy recommended for curing arthritis troubles.
- ;Application of hot vinegar on affected areas,
- Intake of turmeric with warm milk, inclusion of garlic clove in diet and drinking radish juice are other natural ways to get relief from arthritis joint pain fast and naturally.
What are the major health problems a women face?
Breast & Cervical Cancer:
Breast cancer is the number one killer disease among women these days and cervical cancer is slowly catching. All the ladies in their 20s or 40s should know that 5 minutes of regular self breast examination can help you detect breast cancer in the nascent stage and put breaks on the breast cancer mortality rates rising every year.
How to make self breast examination:
Think about breast cancer. It can take seven years for breast cells to go from pre-cancerous to cancer, to a cancer that’s palpable. So these results may simply be too early.
-Dr. Carolyn Runowicz.
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength.-Corrie Ten Boom
How to balance work with family life?
For a lot of women, working is a necessity for maintaining their own intellect, independence and stimulation. The pressure to bring in a wage and run a family home and look after the children can be very difficult and with expensive childcare costs this is becoming even more difficult.
When possible a good reliable child minder, family member or nursery can be extremely valuable. Always make sure you know what your rights and entitlements are regarding flexible working and financial benefits and entitlements
Excess stress can cause headaches, depression, inability to sleep, digestive problems and a number of other health problems.
Symptoms of depression ranging from a low mood, negative thoughts, irritability, a lack of interest and motivation, displaying uncharacteristic behaviours, loss of memory, crying for little or no reason, loss of libido, disturbed sleeping pattern and lack of concentration to name a few.
To know more about depression & its remedies:
How to whiten the skin naturally?
Honey & Almond Face Mask
Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil.
Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.
Oatmeal & Tomato Face Mask
Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face.
Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.
Milk & Lime Face Mask
A tbsp of gram flour mixed with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin.
Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off.
Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.
Tomato Juice & Lime Face Mask
Apply a mixture of grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice on the face.
Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Do this twice a day for 15-20 days for best results.
What is a pimple/acne?
A pimpe or acne is a small swelling on the skin containing pus, usually on the face and neck. It usually occurs around puberty.
Causes for the formation of pimple/acne
- Acne can be a result of hormonal changes during adolescence, skin allergies or even constipation.
- Faulty selection of foods like excessive consumption of starch, sugar or fat in the diet, irregular eating habits.
- Deficiency of vitamin A and zinc are also one of the most prevalent causes of acne/ pimples
- an oily complexion and pollution can worsen the problem.
Black raisins: A sherbet made with black raisins, sugar and fennel seeds(saunf) helps to bring quick results as it clean the digestive tract and chases body heat away. See the recipe down.
Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables like cucumber, oranges, watermelon, papaya, chickoo, mint, spinach etc are rich in fibre and nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E which help to have a glowing skin.
Multani mitti (fuller's Earth), rose water and sandalwood paste: A paste made with equal proportions of these three ingredients when applied on the face for 15 ti 20 minutes wil rejuvenate acne prone oily skin.
Tomato: Rub a slice of a ripe tomato over the skin. Dry it for ½ hour and wash off with lukewarm water.
Tulsi (Indian basil): Applying a mixture of juice of tulsi with lemon or ginger (adrak) will also help to cure pimples with scars.
Foods to be avoided
- Tea and coffee
- Spicy and oily foods
- Confectionery and mithai
- Full fat dairy products
- Pickles, canned and preserved foods
- Refined foods like maida, sugar, pasta and polished rice
- Creamy salad dressings.
Give me a Suggestion for a Glowing Complexion?
1. Wash your skin gently twice daily with an antibacterial soap (not regular soap) as it is alkaline and will retard bacterial growth. washing will keep the pores oopen and your skin free of bacteria. However, don't scrub too hard, as this will irritate your skin further.
2. Keep your hands away from your face or other affected areas. They ay contain oils and bacteria that could promote acne. Wash your hands frequently.
3. Avoid greasy creams and cosmetics, especially ones that contain oils and dyes.
4. Reduce the consumption of junk foods, sugar not more than 4 teaspoons per day
5. Drink plenty of water.
This sweet preparation gives a pimple free smooth skin. Consuming this drink regularly even after the pimples disappear will help you to gain a glowing complexion
Preparation time: 10 minutes. No cooking
Makes 1 cup.
1 teablespoon black raisins (kismis)
1 tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup water
1. Combine all the ingredients and soak for at least 4 to 6 hours
2. Liquidise in a blender and drink immediately.
What to do with dark circle to the eyes?
Causes: Though many believe they can be hereditary, there's no conclusive evidence as such. Lack of sleep, mental stress, lifestyle habits, bad diet can contribute to dark circles. Whatever be the reason, it's best to work on the problem before it aggravates.
Here are a few tips to deal with dark circles:
>> Massage Vitamin E or almond oil around the eyes without touching the eyes (massage must strictly be external). This improves blood circulation.
>> As a quick fix during parties, use a makeup concealed to hide the dark circle. But remember this is only a temporary solution.
>> Get a lot of sleep. Sleeplessness is a culprit for most health problems. Have a set routine and have regular sleep timing. Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep.
>> Drink lots of water. For anything related to health, water is still the best beverage.
>> Grate raw potato, squeeze the juice and apply the juice under your eyes for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can also place thin slices of potato on your eyes (with them closed) every night before you retire. This is one of the most popular and time>>tested home remedies for dark circles.
>> Include a lot of green leafy veggies in your diet. Also include food rich in Vitamin A and E.
>> Indulge in some kind of exercise like walking, jogging. Yoga, especially pranayama is known to improve skin health.
>> Take two thin slices of cucumber and place them on your eyes. This removes the puffiness and cools the eyes
>> Dip cotton in rose water and place them on your eyes.
>> Reduce salt intake in your food. Excess salt encourages fluid retention and leads to puffy eyes.
>> The area under your eyes has very sensitive skin, so never use chemical bleach.
>> You can also place used tea bag (cold) on your eyes which helps lessen the darkness
>> Avoid exposing your skin to harsh rays of the sun. Especially for the eyes, wear sunglasses whenever you step out in the sun
What are the effects of using fairness cream?
Dermatologist Dr Amit Vij, says, "Face whitening creams are harmful for all – be it man or woman. They might be in great demand for the fair look they promise but the only ones who've been regular in using it would know the harm that the creams have caused to their skin. That's not to say that the person didn't achieve his goal – of looking fair, but at what cost?"
Warning of the use of these fairness creams in the long run, Dr Vij says, "The obvious side-effect is thinning of the skin. Daily use of these creams leads to the skin losing its tightness and becoming thinner in return. Growth of acne is another harm that these creams cause to the skin."
he says, "Also, most fairness cream consumers are unaware of the photosensitive reaction which these creams cause. Due to this the more exposed one is to the sun, worse one's skin condition becomes. This would mean anything from getting pink and red rashes – the degree of which would vary from person to person to sun burns, blisters, itchiness to burning sensation, each time the person steps out in the sun
In that case, the best way to acquire a fair skin is "by doing away with the pigmentation," advises Dr Vij. "Fairness creams only hide them, but that's definitely not a permanent treatment and that's the reason why people are tempted to use them regularly. It's important that people realise that bleach can never avoid photosensitivity, which is a big problem once one is struck with it."
Dr Vij adds, "All fairness creams are bad, period. Therefore, it's advisable to keep away from them completely. However, to avoid tanning and dry skin, go for sunscreens, moisturisers and homemade packs as they are more effective and come with no side-effects whatsoever."
Source: Times of India.