MAHENDRA ENGINEERING COLLEGE
Academic Year 2016-17 (ODD)
Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)
Activity No: 2016/ODD/03
Yoga Practice on " KAYA KALPAM "for the benefits of female faculty members & students community.
Resource person was Mrs.Shanthi Gnanavel, World Community Service Centre, Aliyar
No.of participants : 45 students
Venue : Communication Lab
Date of Event : 14th July 2016
About 45 students and faculty Members from various departments have participated actively.
Ultimate intention of conducting this program was to create awareness among participants about Importance of Feminism. Participants were made to practice the yoga as per the steps & guide given by the chief guest. Feedback from the students was most appreciable and as per their request it is planned to conduct the same program in detail in future.
Some of the important things discussed are mentioned below.
- Kayakalpa slows down the ageing process and extends the normal life span.
- It boosts immune system to prevent infections and diseases.
- Practising kayakalpa helps to correct unhealthy habits and transforms lifestyle.
- It decreases the likelihood of ill-effects of hereditary problems.
- Kayakalpa yoga poses strengthen a woman’s reproductive system and prevent complications associated with menstrual cycles.
- Yogic practice reduces the complications of chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, piles and skin diseases.
- It ensures that brain cells remain active and perform at an optimum level.
WEC - Coordinator