MAHENDRA ENGINEERING COLLEGE
Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)
Women Empowerment Cell (WEC) has organized one day practice on “KAAYA KALPAM” for the benefit of faculty members. Resource person was Mr.A.Srinivasan, Regular Practitioner Cum trainer. The program started by 10.00 am. on 18th July 2014. About 25 female faculty members from various departments have participated actively.
Kayakalpa Yoga is an ancient wonderful technique of the Siddhas(saints) of South India for the enhancement of life energy. In Sanskrit, the term "Kaya" means "body and "Kalpa" means "immortal". The Science of Kayakalpa delineates the manner in which the human body can be immortalized. This simple practice was introduced by VEDHATHIRI MAHARISHI after his 40 years of research.
Kayakalpa has a three fold objective:-
- Maintaining youthfulness and physical health,
- Resisting and slowing down the aging process,
- Postponing death until one reaches spiritual perfection.
The trainer narrated that the body is a sacred instrument to contain the soul and therefore must be nurtured well to safeguard the life. Thirumular is reported to have lived a long span of three thousand years according to tradition. The art of longevity and the attempts of immortalize the corporeal human body were the ultimate aims of Siddhars as understood from their numerous treatises on the art of rejuvenation. Kayakalpa gives significant physical, mental as well as spiritual benefit by intensifying our life-force. As this practice is a restructuring process of the body in a natural way, no medicines or herbs are involved. The Kayakalpa can be learnt by those who have attained physical maturity (age above 14).
KAAYAKALPA YOGA BENEFITS
- Activates the brain cells to its fullest functional level
- Increases memory power and grasping ability
- Develops the immunity system
- Reduces the effect of hereditary diseases
- Intensity of chronic diseases like piles, diabetes, asthma and skin diseases is reduced and cured.
- Strengthen the uterus. Menstrual problems are reduced to a great extent.
All the faculty members have learnt with more enthusiasm and benefitted.
WEC - Coordinator